Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am on a diet! So help me G-D

For a few weeks now I have changed a major component of my life. What I eat, how I eat, and when I eat. Let me tell you it isn’t easy.

To make a short story even shorter my diet is as follows:
No more Coke or Soda,
No more junk food,
No eating after 8:00 PM,
Very little fat,
Smaller portion sizes,
Cutting out almost all white flour and replacing it with either whole wheat or yellow flour,
Eating more fruits and veggies,
Drinking more,
Exercising more,
Having a healthy filling snack between each meal.

I am sure that I left out some of it. One very important component of any diet is either getting your spouse to go along with you or at the very least supporting you in any and all ways.

Something I am considering is eating my big meal of the day at lunch as opposed to at dinner. This way your body has more time to burn it off and when dinner rolls around you’re not that hungry and won’t have to eat too much.

Here are meal ideas for one day.
Breakfast: A fruit smoothie, this consists of a cup of frozen strawberries and a cup of soy or regular milk. This drink can keep you going for a good few hours.

Lunch: sandwich made of whole wheat (only one roll) with tuna, veggie meat, or grilled chicken. Add lettuce or any other veggies you like. (Disclaimer I am not big on fruits or veggies) with a pickle and some salad on the side.

Dinner: Orange soup, meat sauce, quinoa and a salad. Make sure you have a smallish portion of the meat and quinoa.

More ideas to follow.

No comments: